When an Artwork changes hands, it's always a special moment for both buyer and seller. And we are here to support you.
What do I need to know?
An Online Sale Process takes place each time an art lover purchases an artwork online through our payment gateways.
It means that ArtWe act as intermediary between buyer and seller.
It does not affect direct sales made between Buyer & Seller.
It's more secure in many ways:
- Artwe holds the buyer's funds until the sale is successful
- If a problem occurs and the sale doesn't take place, ArtWe refunds the buyer immediately
- When the delivery is made, ArtWe transfers the funds to the seller
So neither party has to worry about money on delivery day.
About the Delivery
- ArtWe helps to co-ordinate the delivery, but it remains the responsibility of the buyer & seller
- They must choose their delivery option (we are talking local scale)
- Depending on the chosen delivery option, small delivery fees may apply (usually not since we operate on a local scale).
A simple Table summarising the process. Better than a thousand words.
An Art Lover has completed a purchase online.
The Seller confirms the sale and provides a bunch of information in order to prepare the delivery. ArtWe coordinates everything.
|ArtWe holds the funds|
The Seller cancels the sale (artwork is no longer available). The sale is canceled.
|ArtWe refunds the Buyer|
The Delivery was a success, Buyer & Seller confirm the end of the Sale Process.
|ArtWe transfers the funds to the Seller|
Delivery failed, the Buyer did not get the work. The sale is canceled.
|ArtWe refunds the Buyer|
What payment methods are available?
ArtWe offers two secure payment methods:
- Credit Card (with STRIPE)
Is there a commission on the Sale?
- From the Artists' perspective: NO.
- From the Buyers' perspective: IT DEPENDS.
Anytime a Buyer decides to use ArtWe as Sale Intermediary, a commission of 15% of the artwork's price is applied.
If they prefer to make their own deal by contacting the seller directly, there is no commission.
Deal is broken, how can I get refunded?
It's quite simple, you fill out the Sale Cancelation Form and we will: (1) cancel the sale (2) refund your account through the payment method that you used when you purchased the work. It usually takes around 3 working days.
There are delivery fees, how do I pay them?
Depending on the chosen delivery option, small delivery fees can apply (usually not since we operate on a local scale). However, should there be delivery fees they must be paid during the online checkout process. Check the box Home Delivery whitin the Buy it With ArtWe section located on each artwork single page.
When does ArtWe transfer the funds to the Seller?
Once the artwork is delivered, ArtWe transfers the funds to the seller within 48 hours.
I want to make a claim, what do I do?
Notify ArtWe Sales Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will get back to you as soon as possible.